Wednesday 17 - Sunday 21 February
Wednesday 17 February - A Solemn Assembly
- Our Father and our God, we blow the trumpet in Zion, we set ourselves apart for a fast, 40 days of restraint and humility.
- We call ourselves to a solemn assembly. We gather and assemble as a church family, your people. We sanctify ourselves. We gather young and old, male and female, adults and children, bride and bridegroom, even nursing mothers - no one is exempt.
- We come weeping between the porch and altar saying...”Have pity on us your people, Lord, and do not let your inheritance be a disgrace, an object of scorn among the nations or among our enemies. May it not be said among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?’”
- Lord, why should our enemies or our circumstances ask, “Where is their God?”
- Before our eyes, let your vengeance be known among the nations and in our circumstances, and to our adversary. You have said vengeance is yours! Oh Lord, become jealous and deliver your people.
- Send your grain, new wine, and fresh oil that we may be satiated with them,
- You have promised to no longer let us be a disgrace in any way among the nations.
- Drive all our adversaries -invisible and visible - from us and banish them to dry and desolate land.
- I look to the LORD; I wait for the God of my salvation, deliverance, healing and restoration; My God hears me.
- Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.
- I WILL NOT bear the indignation of the Lord because he forgives me of my sins in Christ Jesus.
- He pleads my cause and executes judgment for me. He will bring me out to the light; I look upon his vindication.
- My enemies see and shame covers her who said to me, “Where is the Lord your God?”
- My eyes will look upon her; now she will be trampled down like the mire of the streets.
Thursday 18 February - The Former and the Latter Rain
- Father, we rejoice and are glad in you the Lord our God for you give us the autumn rain for our vindication. You send showers for us. Yes, both the former and latter rain as before. Yes, you pour out your Spirit on all our flesh.
- Our sons and our daughters prophesy, our old men have dreams, and our young men see visions. You pour out your Spirit on our male and on our female. Yes, our threshing floors are full of grain, and our vats overflow with new wine and fresh oil.
- This is a month of restoration for us. You are restoring to us the years that the locust has eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar and the palmerworm, has stolen.
- We will have plenty to eat and be satisfied.
- We will praise the name of the Lord our God, who has dealt wondrously with us.
- We will never again be put to shame. Your people will never again be put to shame.
- Everyone who calls on your name will be saved, delivered and healed.
You gather those of us who mourn so that we no longer suffer reproach.
You deal with all our oppressors and heal the lame and gather those of us that are suffering rejection.
You change our shame into praise even in places where we have suffered shame.
You bring us in and gather us together, and make us renowned and praised among all the peoples of the earth.
You cause people everywhere to honour and praise us.
You restore our fortunes before our eyes. You bring back all the blessings we once had.
Friday 19 February - A Fast that God has chosen I
Heavenly Father, we will no longer do as we please on the day of our fast. We repent!
We will no longer fast with contention and strife oppressing others or people we share space with. We are determined to be heard on high.
In Jesus name, in our prayers now and in our actions over the next 40 days as you show us what to do...
We will break the chains of wickedness. We will set people free and take the burdens off others.
We will untie any ropes of the yoke and set the oppressed free and tear off every yoke. We will set troubled people free and take the burdens from their shoulders.
We will share what you have given us with others less privileged than us. Sharing our food with the hungry.
We will bring the poor and less privilege into our space, sharing what we have with them.
When we see people who have no clothes, we will give them clothes. We clothe those that are naked when we see them.
We will care for the orphans or widows who need help and keep ourselves free from the world’s evil influence
We will not ignore our family responsibilities and we won’t hide from our relatives who need our help.
We will not cause trouble or put burdens on people.
We will stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things that we are not certain that they did.
We will feel sorry for hungry people and give them food.
We will help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs.
We will take away every yoke of oppression.
We declare that the Spirit of the Lord is on us and..
he has chosen us to tell the good news to the poor.
He has sent us to tell prisoners that they are free and to tell the blind that they can see again.
He has sent us to free those who have been treated badly and to announce that the time has come for the Lord to show his kindness.
Saturday 20 February - A Fast that God has chosen II
Lord as we continue to do what you have commanded us to in Isaiah 58 over the next 40 days we expect and trust you to do the following:
You will shed your glorious light upon us.
You will heal us.
Our godliness will lead us forward, goodness will be a shield before us.
And your glory will protect us from behind.
When we call, you will answer “Yes, I am here.” You will quickly reply.
Our light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around us shall be as bright as day.
You will guide us continually, and satisfy us with all good things, and keep us healthy too;
We will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.
We will have sons and daughters. And they will rebuild the long-deserted ruins of our cities, and we will be known as “The People Who Rebuild Their Walls and Cities.”
You Lord will be our delight, and you will see to it that we ride high and get our full share of the blessings.
We are not afraid, for you have ransomed us; You have called us by name; we are yours.
When we go through deep waters and great trouble, you are with us.
When we go through rivers of difficulty, we will not drown!
When we walk through the fire of oppression, we will not be burned up—the flames will not consume us.
For you the Lord our God, our Savior, the Holy One of Israel. You give nations in exchange for our freedom, as our ransom.
You trade lives for ours because we are precious to you and honoured, you love us.
We will not be afraid, for you are with us. You will gather us from east and west.
Isaiah 58:6-14; Isaiah 43:1-5
Sunday 21 February - Healing secrets revealed
Father give unto us more of your spirit that will let us know deeper truths about you and help us understand them so that we may know you better - as our healer.
Holy Spirit, you are the only one that comprehends the thoughts of God the Father. And God the Father has sent you into our hearts to help us realise and comprehend and appreciate and walk in the things freely given to us by him in redemption.
Holy Spirit we yield ourselves to you. Wherever there are gaps or anything else standing between us and the fulfilment of your promise to heal, reveal these to us now. This is why you have come.
Spirit of truth you have come and so we make room for you. Guide us into all the truth concerning healing and health. Glorify God in Christ Jesus by receiving revelation on healing and health from him and showing it to us. (John 16:13-15)
We are here to take everything that is available to us in redemption - everything that Jesus has provided for us.
Holy Spirit we pray to you. You have promised to answer us. Show important secrets about healing and health. Things that we have never heard before.
I praised you the God of the heavens. May your name be praised forever and ever; wisdom and power belong to you.
You give wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.
You reveal the deep and hidden things, and you know what is in the darkness,and light dwells with you.
We offer thanks and praise to you; you have given us the wisdom and power we need for healing and health.
You have let us know what we asked of you. You have let us know your healing and health secrets.