Lent is the period of six weeks 40 days (not including Sundays) leading up to Easter. At OLCC we prepare for Easter by observing a period of fasting, repentance, moderation and spiritual discipline.
Lent Dates for 2022
- Ash Wednesday: March 2, 2022
- Palm Sunday: April 10, 2022
- Holy Monday: April 11, 2022
- Holy Tuesday: April 12, 2022
- Holy Wednesday: April 13, 2022
- Maundy Thursday: April 14, 2022
- Good Friday: April 15, 2022
- Holy Saturday: April 16, 2022
- Easter Sunday: April 17, 2022
Everybody is encouraged to abstain from eating all day and to break their fast with ONE meal each day i.e pick a meal that you will be having daily and stay with the cycle. We suggest that this not be the evening meal.
- Spend a lot of time in Praying in the Spirit
- Drink a lot of water - keep the plumbing going.
- Take time off work - invest in your future by seeking God.
To be served daily.