Monday 7 March
- Father, we are your people, called by your name. We humble ourselves with fasting. We pray and we seek your face determined to depart from all of our wicked ways so that you will hear from heaven and forgive our sins and heal and restore our lives and our land (2 Chron 7:14, Ps 69:20).
- Father, we put first things first. We repent of every thought and every act, towards you and towards people - Family, Friends, colleagues, strangers that do not please you and that might be standing between us and you. Show us what we need to do differently so we can bring forth fruit in keeping with repentance. (Is 58:1-5. Matt 15:8-9, Matt 3:8).
- Father, we desire to return to you with all our hearts so we repent of everything that has stood as an idol in our lives (even though we may not call it that). Show us what these are so we can put them away. As we seek you in prayer and fasting, we turn our hearts towards you. We obey you alone. (1 Sam 7:3-9)
- Just like the people of Nineveh, we believe your words and so we proclaim a fast to seek you with repentance (Jonah 3:5).
- Father, you are the Lord who doesn’t change. So we expect that just as you did with the people of Nineveh you will look upon our fasting with mercy and will relent and will not allow the punishment we deserve to come upon us. (Jonah 3:10).